Translate

Monday 16 July 2012

10 the perspectives of routine

I was about to be left all alone in a huge house with Bristol on my mind as a perspective.

"Yeah Romania's on the couch.Alright. No she doesn't mind....Ok...You sure?!..Alright.I'll tell her!"

I didn't mind him calling me Romania. To be honest I kinda liked it. Laying there on the 'king chair' with my feet collapsed on the sofa, a fag in my mouth, and warm coffee-I never drink or make hot coffee- in my hands I even thought about reinventing myself under a name like Romy, Rom even Ronnie.

'Yeah. She knows about Bristol....Course I don't fucking mind Jo. I'm the one that wanted her to live here!"

I was thinking it couldn't be that bad. But I was also thinking it can't really get any worse than this either although it could have quite easily.
-What did Jo say!?
-Well firstly, he invited you to camp with us ...again.
-Do you want me to come?
-Yes. Why would even ask me that?!
-Well...it's pretty much you, I barely know Jo and your friends that I never met. Seems like a pretty private sesh to me.
-Jo wanted you to come along because he thinks you're cool and he figured you'd be alone for quite a long time.

I spent a while thinking about it. I couldn't make a decision. I was neither rational, neither spontaneous when it came to leaving. I just left when it felt right or simply didn't when it felt wrong. I wasn't being precocious, nor was I being foolish when it came to leaving. I just trusted my instincts, much like in everything else. Even more so since I was homeless. 

-What was the other thing?
-I told him you're sleeping on the couch so he said to give you his room.
-That's really nice of him! Thank him please.
-Maybe you'll do it yourself.

 I barely knew Jo. Come to think of it, I never even heard of all the people that knew Romania. I thought about it, and I realised 'my savior, my knight in shining armor' was probably making me seem a lot better than I actually was. And then I realised he was yet another name on the list. A name on the list of boys and men, that replaced my father and took care of me, not in a metaphorical sense, in the most painfully literal sense there is. I was about to be for ever grateful but there was nothing I could ever be capable to give back in return for all that. Funny enough, there was never any 'returning the favoour' expected.

-What do you wanna eat today when you get back?

No comments: