Translate

Thursday 12 July 2012




 I was in the bank today, posting something to a friend while humming 'Baby, life is more than just making copies and drinking coffee' when -the irony- I get a phone call from certain Mr. Reece, letting me know everything is fine and if not, I have another interview on Wednesday for an alternative position that he spoke to me about. I thanked Mr. Reece while re was reassuring me he'll get back to me tomorrow and that I should feel free to call him anytime, because after all, he's working for me . I felt the need to correct that with a more professional and politically correct 'on my behalf' but I let it drop. I figured he must hate his job too....When I ended the call I realised I have an agent.....

-Here! Have a cookie!
-Oh thank you! You're so kind!
-I like to take care of the homeless! Oh my god! You are homeless!
We both bursted out laughing. I was. And he was kind enough to take care of me.


To shake capitalism off I went back 'home', took the clothes out and started folding top man t-shirts and man boxers, putting them up to dry.
I left a bag of clothes next to the washing machine last night. When I woke up in the morning, my clothes were drying up in the living room, nicely folded, smelling fresh. It's been years, good years since somebody did that for me. it's been a long time since I feel that feeling of comfort, that feeling that only gestures like 'I have no problem with folding your panties and your bras ' can offer. It smells like home, it feels natural, it does not care for social norms or boundaries, it makes you feel alive that feeling.
And I was hanging man boxers and putting them to dry up I thought to myself 'maybe this is what home feels like'.



The dickheads laughing in the library and loudly blaming each other when people stare. The broke kids that nick toilet paper from public bathrooms. The boy and the girl that sing along to 'Area Codes' while washing dishes. The friends that share whatever's in the fridge regardless of who bought it and wash each others clothes. The kids that fight with sticks during business calls. The teenagers that start moaning during family calls. The immature adults that mime blowjobs during friend calls. The grown ups that drink ten mugs of tea during the late night movie....that's me and him. That's us.



No comments: