Translate

Monday 9 April 2012

this is where we stand

-So? what do you think about the kid?
- Appart from the fact that he's 16 and he's a prosfessional gamer he's wonderful! Where the fuck did you even find him?!
-What can I say, darling, the internet is a miracle! Besides, I thought you were saying, not so long ago, that age is a  mental state.
-So is gaming! And I only said that because I feel like I'm 40 and counting.
-Leave it! I really think he has potential.
-Where?! In the World of Warcraft!? Is this the new way of saying that you want to sleep with a 16 year old?
-No sweetheart! Cougars have been doing it for ages! And I'm certain that a mature,respectable all groun up woman such as yourself cand leave aside his age and her disturbing psychotic mind and see that this kid has humour.
-No! That's exacly the point! He does not have humour, he is funny! We don't need funny!
-Please! We're women! There's not enough funny in the world!
-Veronica, why don't you start writing instead of filling up the theatre with wanna be comedians, back stage actors with a country-side aiure and no pubic hair?!
-Ha! As if I don't do enough for this place already!
-Veronica! I'm serious.
-I know it rarely seems like it ...but I am as well.
-Seriously I could use a lot of this subversive style of dodging bullets, insults and irony.
-Sweeatherat, you know I care about you...but I'm taking this style with me to the grave- I at least owe the world , not to mention myself, that. Besides I don't really see who could ever have the talent to play me.
-I'm sure the internet has a lot of 16 year old wanna be actresses with a lot of potential.
-Anne, please! Subversion techniques come with age.
-I thought age was just a mental state!
-This is not about age, Anne, darling! This is about experince. You can have my experiences, but you don't have my experience.
-If you say so....
- Now please give the kid a chance.
-Ok. We'll give him a chance if he's not capable of naming one Dostoievsky book.
-Evil! But I like it! I'll go and ask him now.
-Veronica! Please think about what I've said.
-Anne, please don't feel offended, but with time, I've learned that not every idea is as great once you've you said it out loud.
-...I might use that in the next scene...
-Good. I'm gonna go tell the kid he can start tomorrow.
-Veronica!
-Yes?
-I think it would be wiser to choose people based on criteria different from empathy ...from now on.


No comments: